Cloud IPCEI Exploitation Office
Maio 11- 8:00:Novembro 22- 17:00
The Cloud IPCEI Exploitation Office should provide at minima:
- Yearly activity management plans for the pre-notified IPCEI-CIS, including key project deliverables, milestones, risk mitigation measures and a description of roles and responsibilities in form of a RACI matrix. This should build on targeted and granular data collection among IPCEI individual and macro-projects in the context of the upcoming requirements under the Digital Compass and the Recovery and Resilience Facility.
- A dedicated Cloud IPCEI Exploitation Office website for dissemination purposes with wide reach and a collaborative platform accessible to both IPCEI and non IPCEI participants.
- A medium-term sustainability roadmap and governance strategy for the pre-notified IPCEI.
- Key events, meetings and summary reports of the General Assemblies, Board meetings and industrial sessions to be made accessible in the Cloud IPCEI Exploitation Office website.
- Build a dissemination and exploitation strategy, yearly social media campaigns and the corresponding content to support an active visibility and transparency of the pre-notified IPCEI-CIS activities and technological solutions first industrial deployed and their uptake across all interested stakeholders.
This action will support the overall coordination, monitoring, dissemination and long-term exploitation of the activities within the pre-notified Important Project of Common European Interest on Next Generation Cloud and Edge Infrastructure and Services (IPCEI-CIS) via the set-up of a Cloud IPCEI Exploitation Office. The Office’s objective is to disseminate the results of this IPCEI and contribute to the exploitation and re-use of its solutions including by those interested Member States, companies and Research and Technology Organisations (RTOs) that will not be participating in the IPCEI-CIS.
The pre-notified IPCEI-CIS aims at developing and industrially deploying, for the first time, a fundamentally new, innovative, secure and sustainable data processing production process spanning across the European Union. It will develop and deploy breakthrough technological cloud and edge computing capabilities and very high added value data processing industrial services.
Member States envisage to support the IPCEI-CIS with State aid and to this end will notify their individual projects under the IPCEI State-Aid Communication to the Europeans Commission’s Directorate General of Competition. The IPCEI Exploitation Office will not interfere with the individual responsibility of the Member States or companies to implement the Commission decision on the IPCEI-CIS but will regularly report on and monitor the progress set out in the Commission’s decision on State-aid.
The pre-notified IPCEI-CIS will contribute to existing European initiatives, in particular to the European Green Deal, the European Industrial Strategy, the Digital Compass and directly to the implementation of the High Impact Project of the European Strategy for Data.
This action consists in providing at least the following core strategic and support activities via the set-up of a Cloud IPCEI Exploitation Office that will maximize the benefits and exploitation of the developed IPCEI solutions towards all interested Member States, companies and RTOs:
- Management and Operations Activities:
- Monitoring and reporting. This should include: (i) the IPCEI project deliverables – including the new solutions developed and industrially deployed – their impacts and timing, (ii) the key performance indicators associated to each of the IPCEI-CIS project spill-over activities; (iii) the sustainability performance and security features of the integrated IPCEI project and; (iv) macro-project outcomes (Macro-projects under the IPCEI-CIS aim to provide a deeper level of European integration to commonly achieve the objectives of the integrated project, by delivering common results, products or services).
- Where necessary, risk mitigation activities to guarantee effective and timely delivery and reuse of all the IPCEI-CIS project deliverables.
- The necessary ICT tools for the functioning and use of the pre-notified IPCEI-CIS activities and solutions, notably to (i) allow both IPCEI participants and non-participants to secure and effectively collaborate and; (ii) ensure external communication activities.
- Support the applications process and alignment of the assessment process of potential new participants.
- Sustainability Activities:
- Support the development of the medium-term sustainability strategy, governance and decision-making process of the pre-notified IPCEI in close collaboration with the governmental Authorities participating in the IPCEI-CIS and the European Commission.
- Develop joint approaches to ensure that project results stemming from the IPCEI-CIS (such as open-source software technologies) will be maintained and regularly updated.
- Dissemination and Exploitation Activities:
- Support the pre-notified IPCEI-CIS main dissemination and exploitation activities to reach scale beyond the IPCEI participants including in preparatory activities, organization, logistics and content materials for each of its key events and meetings.
- Foster transparency of the pre-notified IPCEI-CIS activities and wide uptake of the new innovative cloud-to-edge solutions to be first industrially deployed by for example preparing IPCEI-CIS communication materials, including social media content, to regularly and at large scale communicate about the status and content of the IPCEI-CIS activities, projects and new deployed solutions that all interested stakeholders have regular access to up to data information.
The consortium could be structured around public or/and private organisations, used to conduct complex and large coordination and management work with public authorities and private organisations, to monitoring of technical deployments (notably security and sustainability aspects), and that are capable to demonstrate a good technical and policy understanding of the domain at European level.
Opening date: 11 May 2023
Deadline date: 26 September 2023 17:00:00 Brussels time